Joining CAUK is free!
- CAUK is supported by two of the country’s top specialists in cavernoma, Mr Neil Kitchen (Consultant Neurosurgeon at The National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery) and Rustam Al-Shahi Salman (Professor of Clinical Neurology & MRC Senior Clinical Fellow [University of Edinburgh] & Honorary Consultant Neurologist [NHS Lothian]).
- Becoming a member gives you access to our secure Members’ Area which contains information videos, member stories and CaverChat – our online chatroom.
- Friends, family members, carers, volunteers and supporters are all welcome too!
- You will receive email newsletters with our latest news.
- You will receive free invitation to our events. These include lectures from medical specialists in cavernoma, workshops run by other members and social meetings.
- By supporting CAUK it helps us to spread awareness of cavernoma and promote research into treatment.
- You will also be invited to join the secret facebook group where you can chat with other members.
Before Signing Up
Why do we ask for so much information?
Cavernoma Alliance UK (CAUK) are committed to raising awareness of cavernoma amongst the general public and clinicians throughout the country. In order to bring the cavernoma community together, we ask for a little information on our application form. The information provided is totally confidential. What you write is recorded in the members’ area but the only identifying feature is the membership number recorded against it so the Webmaster and I can reconcile you with the information if we so desired but other members will only know you as, for example, member number xxxx.
Your personal details are never placed in the public or private arena. Members can update their profile at will but members like to know the circumstances of a new member. Membership, which is free, helps to increase awareness of what one neurologist has called a “common condition”.
What to do next?
To join up, please submit the form below. Once we have approved your request, you will then be sent a Welcome email and member number along with an invite to our secret facebook group.