Cavernoma Alliance UK, presents “Landscape of the Mind”, an anonymous art sale bringing together the work of international artists of all disciplines
Get your hands on an original art piece for just £75!
From March 12-18th, 2018 – Cavernoma Alliance UK (CAUK) will run a charity art sale entitled ‘Landscape of the mind’. This will coincide with Brain Awareness Week 2018, and look to raise awareness of cavernoma, as well as funds to support members of the charity. All art work will be sold anonymously, and at a fixed price of £75 – making art affordable for everyone!
We cordially invite artists of all ages (including under 16s) to contribute a piece of art work that is especially created for this exhibition.
What we want
- Original art NO bigger than A4 in size
- Created using the theme ‘Landscape of the Mind’, which can be interpreted however you want
- One-of-a-kind work on paper, canvas board, framed cotton or linen canvas, light board or other material. Lino-cuts and woodcuts accepted if numbered in a limited edition (up to 25)
- Materials can include water-colour, oil paint acrylic, inks, pencils, mixed media, collage (including textiles if required, but please see below)
- Interpretation can be realistic, abstract, impressionistic or other forms
What we don’t want
- Textile art (including T-shirts), although fabric and/or embroidery may be used in collage
- Digital art
- Prints, including giclée prints.
- Erotica – all work must be suitable for under 16s
- Ceramics or sculpture
We have already received some wonderful and sensitive work from a few famous artists, as well as artists affected by cavernoma.
Families, carers and friends of people with cavernoma, as well as other neurological disorders, are welcome to submit a piece.
The location for the exhibition will be announced closer to the date, but all art work will be posted (at your own expense) to an art gallery in London, where we will store it until the exhibition.
- Register your interest and let us know you’ll be submitting – January 5th, 2018!
- Received – Art MUST be received by us before January 20th, 2018.
- You will be asked to submit a high quality photograph of your work before you send it, and will be responsible for ensuring that the art work is packaged and insured adequately.
- CAUK will NOT be responsible for art work that arrives damaged.
Proceeds from ‘Landscape of the mind’ will support children and adults with cavernoma. Our vision is to improve the outcome and quality of life for everyone with a cavernoma. We want to continue to provide support and information about this rare condition for our members, their families and carers. Donations help fund: educational events; information leaflets for GPs, neurologists and neurosurgeons; national and local ‘CaverHubs’ supporting sufferers; and respite weekends for families with symptomatic children.
We have a special section for young artists up to the age of 16, whether they’re affected by cavernoma, have a sibling or parents who is, or just like art and want to take part.
- The exhibition will take place from March 12-18th, with a special preview for VIP buyers and those who purchase advanced sale tickets.
- All art will be available to purchase online (following the advanced sale), and can be purchased for six weeks after the exhibition.
- Art will be exhibited anonymously, until sold.
- Upon successful acceptance we will invite you and one friend to our Private view
- CAUK has the full and final decision on which art is accepted, and reserves the right not to exhibit work that is considered unsuitable.
A bit about the Artful Pelican
Cavernoma Alliance UK is working with The Artful Pelican, a charitable art gallery that raises money for Street Souls, a charity which supports London’s homeless community. The art sale will raise funds for both CAUK, as well as a percentage for Street Souls. The Artful Pelican also has a ‘Park Bench‘ studio, which provides a safe place for homeless artists to come and create art (all materials provided), so CAUK will be inviting homeless artists to contribute to the sale.
You can find out more about the art gallery by visiting https://www.artfulpelican.com/
There will be a monetary prize of £100 for the picture that gets the most likes on Facebook. Artists can share links to the sale, but MUST NOT tell buyers which piece is theirs, or they will be disqualified.
Conditions of entry
You agree to the following;
- You will donate an original piece of art to Cavernoma Alliance UK for the purpose of fundraising.
- You give permission for your art work to be used for promotional purposes, including social media, cards, and flyers advertising the exhibition.
- You understand that your work will be exhibited anonymously until sold, when you will be notified by CAUK.
- You agree not to post images of your work on social media and otherwise reveal its creator until it is sold, but can share links to the sale with your followers, without notifying them which piece is yours.
- You may include an artist’s biography of up to 300 words, which will be approved by CAUK. This can be sent to the buyer.
- You will be responsible for posting your art to the gallery where the exhibition will take place, and will receive an email when your work has been received. Please send by Royal Mail Special Delivery (or international equivalent) and pay extra for insurance, to ensure safe arrival.
- Register interest by 1st Feb 2018 and send your piece by 20th of Feb 2018. Email us when you’re done so we can tell you where to send your piece
- You will send us a high resolution photo of your work so that we can decide if it’s suitable.
- If unsold within a reasonable time-frame, you will be asked to collect your work.
- CAUK is not obliged to accept your work. Only artists who are successful will be notified.
- If for some reason you change your mind or cannot meet the required deadline, it is your responsibility to let CAUK know.